these are lovely people

Share This

Sunday, December 5, 2010

(Limited) Ojanto’s Hand Stitching Totebags!

Hi, everyone! Good to see you again in weekend! This time I wanna share my newest project I’ve done. I feel so excited to publish it everywhere. Hehe..Okey, now let me tell you the story behind the project. :-)

The concept is simple. I want to make something simple to be something out of nothing, special, and personal in simplest way. The idea of making tote bag comes so fast, so I just execute it!! I choose simplest materials I ever met, we call it “Kain Blaco”.

I’m not gonna show you plain tote bag with simplest material. I use hand stitching across the lines. The graphic I made will tell you any kind of stories, discourses, etc. So, it’s not only about totebag with hand stitching, but we provide stories behind it.

Hand stitching is simple, but I need some help from Putri to finish all. Thank you so much, Putri :-) God will give you something equal to your kindness. Hehe..

For the first term, I will publish 2 designs. First, please welcome “JOG CREATIVE CITY”. It tells us about the city I lived in for last 5 years – Yogyakarta. I just thought that this city is a creative city, because this city has its own creative way to develop city in many aspects. We can also see that this city has a good progress on creative industries. And the most important point is the people open minded to respect difference, so that they don’t need to worry about something new.


The second design entitled PESAN PISU. Pesan means message, Pisu ( I took it from sub-language of Java called Bahasa Walikan) means mother. So, it will tells us about a message offered by most of mother in Java to their son. Content of the message is “Ojo lali sinau yo, Le..” means “Don’t forget to study, Son..”.


This is the way I expressed something to say. I use tote bags and simple hand stitching to send my messages to people. Enjoy the pictures! For more pictures have a visit to our facebook page, or www.nestofojanto.blogspot.com .
See you on the next project! Happy weekend, people! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails